Laura Marks, MD, FAAP
I love children. For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a pediatrician. I am one of the fortunate people in this world who can truly say that they look forward to going to work each day. When a mother trusts me enough to put her child in my care, I take care of that child as if he or she were my own. Believe me, as a mother of three children, I know how hard it is to have a child who is sick. That is why I never forget that being a pediatrician is about more than just treating a disease; it is, in a way, about caring for the whole family. It is that bond that makes practicing pediatrics so rewarding.
Dr. Laura Marks – ext. 1227
Dr. Marks’ Nurse – ext. 1237
Education and Post Doctoral Training
Dr. Marks graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and the Yale University School of Medicine. She completed her pediatric internship at Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts General Hospital, and her residency at Yale Children’s Hospital.
Licensure and Board Certification
- Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- Senior Attending Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Norwalk Hospital
- Lecturer, Yale School of Medicine
- Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, Quinnipiac University School of Health Sciences
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Vermont
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Breastfeeding
- Member, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Member, La Leche
- Medical Advisor to the Weston School District
Awards and Honors
- Award for Excellence in Teaching Pediatric Primary Care to Medical Students, Yale University School of Medicine, May 2017.
- Selected as one of the “Top Docs” in Connecticut of 2015 & 2016 by Connecticut Magazine
- US News & World Report in partnership with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd -Top Doctors 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017.
- American Medical Women’s Association Janet Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
The Headache Prevention Cookbook: Eating Right to Prevent Migraines and other Headaches, David Marks, MD with recipes by Laura Marks, MD. 2000. HealthCommunications, Inc.
The Complete Book of Breastfeeding (Fourth Edition), Sally Wendkos Olds, Laura Marks, MD, and Marvin Eiger, MD. 2010. Workman Publishing.
More Information about Hours
Parents may also schedule consultations most weekdays at 8:15 am. These visits can be an invaluable time for in-depth discussions of various issues, including school and attention problems and behavioral concerns. This is also when I schedule prenatal visits and consultations with families interested in finding out more about my practice.