Jeffrey Owens, MD, FAAP
In 1997, when I was a first-year resident at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., I had the good fortune to land an interview with Willows Pediatric Group. My wife, Deb Karazin Owens, is a Westport native, and I knew we wanted to relocate to Connecticut upon completing my residency. The Willows doctors and I fit well together, and I joined the practice in 1999. Since then, I have been proud and pleased to work with wonderful partners, talented physician assistants, and a supportive and caring nursing and administrative staff.
In the interim, Deb and I welcomed our children Katie and Jack into the world. (And in 2009, Lucky, our golden retriever, joined the family too.) Outside the practice I coach Jack’s soccer team, volunteer at the Americares free clinic in Norwalk, and run the occasional road race. I also play drums and sing in a local band, Vertigo, and I enjoy skiing, hiking, and traveling with my family.
As a pediatrician and father I am dedicated to the health and well-being of children and am committed to the prevention and treatment of pediatric problems. I also value the personal relationships I have with my patients and their families. One of the most rewarding aspects of my profession is being able to see my patients and their families grow and develop over the years.
Dr. Jeffrey Owens – ext. 1226
Dr. Owens’ Nurse – ext. 1234
Education and Post Doctoral Training
Dr. Owens graduated from Dartmouth College and the Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. He completed his pediatric internship and residency at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
Licensure and Board Certification
- Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- Attending Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Norwalk Hospital
- Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, Quinnipiac University School of Health Sciences
Awards and Honors
- Physicians Recognition Award of the American Medical Association- 2002 to present
- Selected as one of the “Top Docs” in Connecticut by Connecticut Magazine in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- US News & World Report in partnership with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd -Top Doctors 2016
- Recognized as Medical Staff Honoree of the month by Norwalk Hospital, September 2016
More Information about Hours
Parents may also schedule consultations most weekdays at 8:15 and 5:30 pm. These visits can be an invaluable time for in-depth discussions of various issues, including school and attention problems and behavioral concerns. This is also when I schedule prenatal visits and consultations with families interested in finding out more about my practice.