Janet Woodward, MD, FAAP
I take pride in and enjoy providing health care to infants, children and adolescents with a wide range of medical conditions. My goal is to bring more than 20 years of experience to pediatric practice, providing personal and friendly care while keeping abreast of the most current advances in pediatric medicine. I value your questions and will listen to your concerns while taking care of your infant, child, or adolescent.
Dr. Janet Woodward – ext. 1229
Dr. Woodward’s Nurse – ext. 1239
Education and Post Doctoral Training
Dr. Woodward graduated from Vassar College and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University in New York City. She completed her pediatric internship and residency at Yale Children’s Hospital.
Licensure and Board Certification
- Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics with Maintenance of Certification, July, 2012.
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- Senior Attending Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Norwalk Hospital
- Physician, Westport-Weston-Wilton Medical Reserve Corps
- Member, Section of International Health, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, Quinnipiac University School of Health Sciences
- Travel medicine
- International health care
- Volunteer Physican, Human Rights Clinic – Health Right International
Awards and Honors
Selected as one of the “Top Docs” in Connecticut by Connecticut Magazine in 2017.
More Information about Hours
I am also available for consultations on some weekdays before 8:30 am and after 6:00 pm. These visits can be an invaluable time for in-depth discussions of various issues, including school and attention problems and behavioral concerns. This is also when I schedule prenatal visits or consultations with families interested in finding out more about my practice.